Monday, May 23, 2016

19.

Hello hello!!

Thank you to EVERYONE who sent me emails for my birthday this past week!!! I received the most emails this week than any week of my mission so far! I felt super loved as I read everyone´s emails today :) 

Well, I am super short on time today because I spent a little too much time deciding which suit I was gonna buy at the mall today!! I am super excited to wear it because it is a swagged out european suit. Therefore, I only have about 30 min to email today unfortunately... 

BUT this week was a great one! I am getting to know the area and some of the members relatively well now and I am loving it! My comp. and I become better and better friends every day too. My birthday went great! We went to the mall to eat lunch which was buffet Pizza Hut. We always have a competition and I was only able to eat 10 and then 11 today. I also received a call from my mission president and his wife wishing me a happy birthday. That night we had a lesson with our investigator Elsa and she had remembered my bday and bought juice and doughnuts for me! I was so happy and grateful! She is so nice and super elect. We have her marked for baptism this saturday the 28th of May and we are going to work hard preparing her this week. I am super excited for her to make this change in her life to follow our Savior Jesus Christ! 

THEN I received a super special bday present this weekend. On friday we had a mission conference with Elder David A. Bednar, an Apostle of the Lord! I got to sit about 10 feet away from him and he was so powerful! I loved it so much and he really motivated me by his powerful testimony and witness of the Savior Jesus Christ. One thing that really stuck out to me was when he said, "Revelation is a conclusion and almost never has an explaination... when we receive revelation to act upon something from the Holy Ghost, the Lord lmost never explains why he wants us to do it. We just need to trust that the revelation is coming from our Loving Heavenly Father and do it." Then the stake of Setubal had the opportunity to have Elder Bednar speak to them on sunday and I was there too!! Our investigator Elsa showed up and the talk he gave was directed perfectly for her as an investigator of the church. Elder Bednar explained how this is the only true church of Jesus Christ on all the face of the earth and explained the restoration is detail. The spirit was SO strong! One quote that I loved that he said on sunday was, "When Christ is hungry, he feeds other people. When he is suffering pain, he heals others. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can turn out to serve others and be more like HIM." 

I was touched this weekend hearing from an Apostle of the Lord. I know he is a true witness of Him. I know without a doubt that this is the only church that will help us be together forever as families. This church is the same orginazation that Christ established. It is all true. I know this and all of you can know it for yourselves through the help of the missionaries like me. 

I am so grateful for all of you and the love you show me. May the Lord bless all of you and your families! 

p.s. sorry I am not writing individual emails this week as I am on a public computer and I have about 5 min left.

Com Amor para sempre!
Élder Brandon Haroldsen 

-------
Élder Brandon Michael Haroldsen
Missão Portugal Lisboa 
Rua Jorge Barradas Nº 14C
1500-370 Benfica, Lisboa
Portugal 

No comments:

Post a Comment