Monday, May 16, 2016

PORTUGAL OR AFRICA

WHATUPPP from Continental Portugal! 

This week went really fast like always! I flew in tuesday and have been getting to know the area ever since. Seixal is hugeee. So many people too! But I´m finally starting to catch on to the different roads. Here in a couple of weeks I´ll have it all down I hope. There are a TON of people from Africa here. They tend to speak Creole sometimes when they don´t want us to understand and it drives me crazy lol. But getting to know the African culture has really opened my eyes and helped me be more humble. 

My comp. is a pretty cool guy. He is from Oregon so we are both west coast kids. We get along well and we are going to baptize some elects together! 

Basically upon arriving here, we have no investigators. It has been difficult for me to help my comp. out finding people because I have no idea who anybody is or where we are even at. BUT we already had our first sunday here together! Man this ward is awesome! I came from the Azores with a branch of about 6 members to this ward with an attendance of more than 100 people! I felt like I was in my ward back home... super different. 

This saturday we knocked on this lady´s door named Elsa that the missionaries had contacted about 2 weeks ago. They had passed by like 4 times and she always said she didn´t have time so they dropped her. We decided to knock her door one more time and she was home! We told her we had church the next day at 9:30 and that we could walk with her to church. She said she would go so we were excited! Then sunday morning we rung her doorbell and no answer.. I felt dissapointed but had the feeling to not lose hope. So like 3 min. later we knocked again and she started coming out all dressed up for church! She was like,"I thought you guys had forgotten about me!" We walked to church with her and got to know her. She is African from Angola and is visiting her sister here in Portugal until mid July. She is super nice and turns out she absolutely loved church! She was so happy that she went and she said she is planning on going every week. On the walk home we talked to her about baptism and she said that she would be intrested! She said she wants to find a chapel in Angola and go there too! We are going by her house tonight with faith and power! The Lord is always preparing elects! 

Anyways..thats about it for the week. We have a mall in our area so we went there for Pday today and I got some new pants and McDonalds for the first time in 5 months. Bomb.com

My mission is soooo awesome. I am learning a lot and growing in testimony and power. I have learned to rely on my Heavenly Father for everything and leaving things in his hands. I know with 100% of my heart that this is Jesus Christs´ true church, the same church he established on this earth himself. I have seen miracles performed by the authority and power of the priesthood. The priesthood is real and can only be found in this church. The best part about this all is that we can know for ourselves! 

This church is real and true. Families can be together forever and this is the goal in the end. 
I love you all and I hope that you have an amazing week! 

Teu Élder Preferido,
Élder Brandon Haroldsen 
------
Élder Brandon Michael Haroldsen
Missão Portugal Lisboa 
Rua Jorge Barradas Nº 14C
1500-370 Benfica, Lisboa
Portugal 

No comments:

Post a Comment